10.10.2009

Lecture 7 Face and Politeness

This week is E-learning week.
I'm not sure if I'm 100% understand the lecture note.
  • Ask for Help
Tact Maxim( to others)
Generosity Maxim(to self)
  • praise
Approbation Maxim( to others)
Modesty Maxim(to self)
  • agree with others
Agreement Maxim
  • sympathize with others
Sympathy Maxim

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am thinking about the literature review.
The literature review is to show that not only me but many people interested in the relevant topic I am doing now.
But then, what makes my research special? it is basically the same others have done. why we need another same research? why should people read mine? how should I persuade people to read my one?

1 則留言:

  1. Good question. What makes one's research special? To me, there are several things that can make one's research special: topic, method, context. Even for topic, it doesn't mean that we have to do a completely new topic in order to be special. This is because a completely new topic that no other people have ever done before can mean two different things. For one thing, it means that the topic is simply too difficult to do or the data is too difficult to collect. For another, it can also mean that the topic is not particularly attractive.

    No research would be exactly the same. All studies differ in one way or another. They can differ in their data, their methods of data collection, their analysis, their contexts and many others.

    回覆刪除