10.17.2009

Lecture 8 CMC

CMC stands for Computer Mediated Communication, nowadays, it is not only human communication via computer but via technology.

As for the new language using to communicate in most of cmc,.....it is not that common for me to use, especially most of the time i chat with my friends in chinese. but i remember few years ago in taiwan, there were arguments about the using cmc language result in the low ability of literacy, though scientists proved that the using cmc language dose not effect the using of the 'correct' language recently, it is now not a problem to me anymore, because it is not 'hot' to using the cmc language anymore in taiwan( or at least my friends and i won't do that when we are chatting).

i think the most hot one is cmc like skype or something that can communicate just by speaking.
by that kind of technology, i can talk with anyone who have phone or skype and doing what i want to do at the same time. for me, there is no need to type to communicate, why i have to waste my time in typing what i can say in only 2 seconds?

i think maybe few years later dr deng will teach the speaking of cmc communication!

1 則留言:

  1. What do you mean? Am I not teaching the topic of CMC? I don't think I can become an expert in using CMC tools, but that doesn't prevent me from studying CMC. I'm always a learner.

    回覆刪除